Wed, Jun 22|
Los Angeles Breakfast Club
Enjoy a catered breakfast, silly songs, club traditions, and special presentation each week at the historic Los Angeles Breakfast Club.
Time & Location
Jun 22, 2022, 7:00 AM – 9:00 AM
Los Angeles Breakfast Club, 3201 Riverside Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
About the event
ABOUT OUR SPEAKER: Founded in 2001, WriteGirl is a nationally-recognized creative writing and mentoring organization serving more than 500 teen girls and nonbinary youth annually, mainly from LA's high-density neighborhoods. WriteGirl envisions a world where all teens live, write, and speak boldly as they become inspiring, transformative leaders, driven to effect positive change in their communities. Now in its 21st season, WriteGirl has maintained a 100 percent success rate in helping its seniors not only graduate from high school, but also enroll in college. WriteGirl received national attention in 2021 when WriteGirl alum Amanda Gorman performed her poetry at the Biden-Harris Inauguration. In 2013, WriteGirl was honored by First Lady Michelle Obama with the National Arts and Humanities Youth Program Award – an initiative of the President’s Committee on the Arts & the Humanities and the highest national honor awarded to exemplary out-of-school time programs. WriteGirl also works with boys and co-ed groups under the name “Bold Ink Writers.” As a founding member of the Arts for Healing and Justice Network (AHJN), Bold Ink Writers brings creative writing workshops and mentors to youth who are incarcerated or systems-involved. For more information, visit www.writegirl.org.
Social Media Links
Facebook - WriteGirl: Facebook.com/WriteGirlOrganization
Twitter - WriteGirl: @WriteGirlLA
Instagram - WriteGirl: @WriteGirlLA
ABOUT THE CLUB: Founded in 1925, the Los Angeles Breakfast Club still thrives with food, friendship, and fun. Our meetings are held in our clubhouse, Friendship Auditorium, located at 3201 Riverside Drive, near the corner of Los Feliz Boulevard, in Griffith Park. Best described as a variety show, attendees enjoy a catered breakfast, silly songs, club traditions, and an interesting presentation from a guest speaker.
TICKETS: Sales on LAbreakfastclub.com close 48 hours before breakfast. Non-members are $25 and Members are $18, utilizing a special promo code.
Please arrive between 6:45 - 7:00 AM sharp! Doors close at 7:15 AM. Your admission includes a buffet breakfast, enjoyment of our 97-year-old club traditions, plus a special presentation from our Speaker of the Week!
- Surgical disposable face masks or medical-grade masks (i.e., KN95, KF94, N95) must be worn at all times unless actively eating or drinking.
- Cloth masks may only be worn if they sit on top of surgical disposable masks.
- Masks must cover the nose and mouth completely, and must not have any exhalation valves, vents, or holes of any kind.
- Remain 6 feet physically distanced wherever possible.
- The Los Angeles Breakfast Club requires proof of full vaccination, along with a government or education issued photo ID, upon arrival. Per the guidelines set by the CDC, full vaccination means that at least 14 days have passed since receiving the final dose of an FDA-authorized or WHO-listed COVID-19 vaccine. For anyone who is eligible, the LABC also requires attendees to have received booster shots. A one-month (30 day) grace period is given to those eligible but have not yet received booster shots. Booster shot eligibility is defined as:
- Moderna recipients ages 18-plus and Pfizer recipients ages 16-plus are eligible for a booster 6 months after their second vaccine dose.
- Johnson & Johnson vaccine recipients ages 18-plus are eligible for a booster 2 months after their initial vaccine.
For more information, please see the CDC’s guidance on boosters: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/booster-shot.html.
+$0.63 service fee
+$0.63 service fee