Wed, Jun 08|
Los Angeles Breakfast Club
Oldest Los Angeles
Enjoy a catered breakfast, silly songs, club traditions, and special presentation each week at the historic Los Angeles Breakfast Club.
Time & Location
Jun 08, 2022, 7:00 AM – 9:00 AM
Los Angeles Breakfast Club, 3201 Riverside Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
About the event
ABOUT THE BOOK: Oldest Los Angeles combines history and local travel as it takes readers on a journey through the city's past, starting with its founding in 1781. The book, which opens with a walking tour of L.A.'s birthplace, has nearly 90 vignettes that feature the oldest neighborhoods, businesses, and buildings. Each vignette has photos and a sidebar with fun facts. Some places may surprise readers!
ABOUT OUR SPEAKER: Mimi Slawoff is a Los Angeles-based, freelance travel journalist who writes for AAA Westways, Travel+Leisure, L.A. Parent magazine, and many other print and digital publications. She is a native Angeleno who never tires of exploring L.A. with her husband and three kids. Mimi is a member of the Society of American Travel Writers (SATW) and North American Snowsports Journalists Association (NASJA).
ABOUT THE CLUB: Founded in 1925, the Los Angeles Breakfast Club still thrives with food, friendship, and fun. Our meetings are held in our clubhouse, Friendship Auditorium, located at 3201 Riverside Drive, near the corner of Los Feliz Boulevard, in Griffith Park. Best described as a variety show, attendees enjoy a catered breakfast, silly songs, club traditions, and an interesting presentation from a guest speaker.
TICKETS: Sales on LAbreakfastclub.com close 48 hours before breakfast. Non-members are $25 and Members are $18, utilizing a special promo code.
Please arrive between 6:45 - 7:00 AM sharp! Doors close at 7:15 AM. Your admission includes a buffet breakfast, enjoyment of our 97-year-old club traditions, plus a special presentation from our Speaker of the Week!
- Surgical disposable face masks or medical-grade masks (i.e., KN95, KF94, N95) must be worn at all times unless actively eating or drinking.
- Cloth masks may only be worn if they sit on top of surgical disposable masks.
- Masks must cover the nose and mouth completely, and must not have any exhalation valves, vents, or holes of any kind.
- Remain 6 feet physically distanced wherever possible.
- The Los Angeles Breakfast Club requires proof of full vaccination, along with a government or education issued photo ID, upon arrival. Per the guidelines set by the CDC, full vaccination means that at least 14 days have passed since receiving the final dose of an FDA-authorized or WHO-listed COVID-19 vaccine. For anyone who is eligible, the LABC also requires attendees to have received booster shots. A one-month (30 day) grace period is given to those eligible but have not yet received booster shots. Booster shot eligibility is defined as:
- Moderna recipients ages 18-plus and Pfizer recipients ages 16-plus are eligible for a booster 6 months after their second vaccine dose.
- Johnson & Johnson vaccine recipients ages 18-plus are eligible for a booster 2 months after their initial vaccine.
For more information, please see the CDC’s guidance on boosters: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/booster-shot.html.
Breakfast Tickets$25.00+$0.63 service feeSale ended