Wed, Oct 26|
Los Angeles Breakfast Club
Gary Baseman: "Nightmares of Halloween Past"
Enjoy a catered breakfast, silly songs, club traditions, and special presentation each week at the historic Los Angeles Breakfast Club.
Time & Location
Oct 26, 2022, 7:00 AM – 9:00 AM
Los Angeles Breakfast Club, 3201 Riverside Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
About the event
ABOUT THE SPEAKER: Los Angeles-based Gary Baseman is a multi-Emmy and BAFTA award-winning artist whose interdisciplinary work explores the human condition through fine art, illustration, performance, film, fashion, and toy design. Known for his raw style and humor, his art has appeared in international publications, games and toys (Cranium), and in the animated series and feature film “Disney’s Teacher’s Pet,” for which he was creator and executive producer. His many brand collaborations include COACH, Lladro, and Dr. Martens. A recipient of Fulbright and Sundance New Frontier fellowships, his work has been displayed at art spaces and museums around the globe.
ABOUT THE BOOK: Internationally renowned artist Gary Baseman will join the Los Angeles Breakfast Club to present his most recent book, Nightmares of Halloween Past. Celebrating Halloween, Americana, and photography, this book features over 300 vintage photographs from Baseman's collection, plus never-before-seen paintings by the artist that show his zeal for black cats, skeletons, devils, and monsters. Eerie, nostalgic and endearing, Nightmares of Halloween Past is a tribute to the real people, the anonymous subjects and snapshooters that captured these photographs. These candid images reveal to us a photographic aesthetic that is both familiar and humorous, showing the evolution of the celebration of All Hallows’ Eve. Nightmares of Halloween Past includes text by Gary Baseman, as well as scholarly essays by Phyllis Galembo and Catherine Zuromskis on the history of Halloween costumes and photography.
ABOUT THE CLUB: Founded in 1925, the Los Angeles Breakfast Club still thrives with food, friendship, and fun. Our meetings are held in our clubhouse, Friendship Auditorium, located at 3201 Riverside Drive, near the corner of Los Feliz Boulevard, in Griffith Park. Best described as a variety show, attendees enjoy a catered breakfast, silly songs, club traditions, and an interesting presentation from a guest speaker.
TICKETS: Sales on LAbreakfastclub.com close 48 hours before breakfast. Non-members are $25 and Members receive a 25% discount when logged into their Membership Portal.
Please arrive between 6:45 - 7:00 AM sharp! Doors close at 7:15 AM. Your admission includes a buffet breakfast, enjoyment of our 97-year-old club traditions, plus a special presentation from our Speaker of the Week!
- Surgical disposable face masks or medical-grade masks (i.e., KN95, KF94, N95) must be worn at all times unless actively eating or drinking.
- Cloth masks may only be worn if they sit on top of surgical disposable masks.
- Masks must cover the nose and mouth completely, and must not have any exhalation valves, vents, or holes of any kind.
- Remain 6 feet physically distanced wherever possible.
- The Los Angeles Breakfast Club requires proof of full vaccination, along with a government or education issued photo ID, upon arrival. Per the guidelines set by the CDC, full vaccination means that at least 14 days have passed since receiving the final dose of an FDA-authorized or WHO-listed COVID-19 vaccine. For anyone who is eligible, the LABC also requires attendees to have received booster shots. A one-month (30 day) grace period is given to those eligible but have not yet received booster shots.
- People ages 12 years and older are recommended to receive one updated Pfizer or Moderna (bivalent) booster. This includes people who have received all primary series doses and people who have previously received one or more original (monovalent) boosters.
For more information, please see the CDC’s guidance on boosters: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/booster-shot.html.
+$0.63 service fee
+$0.63 service fee