Wed, Aug 24|
Los Angeles Breakfast Club
Jewels for Breakfast: The Jewelry Department at Paramount Pictures
Enjoy a catered breakfast, silly songs, club traditions, and special presentation each week at the historic Los Angeles Breakfast Club.
Time & Location
Aug 24, 2022, 7:00 AM – 9:00 AM
Los Angeles Breakfast Club, 3201 Riverside Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
About the event
ABOUT THE PRESENTATION: Paramount Pictures Archivist, Jaci Rohr, loves that her job is immersed in Hollywood lore. Paramount is the only studio with a Jewelry Archive, covering over 100 years of film history. The Jewelry Archive (AKA Jaci’s office) is a stop on the studio V.I.P. Tour.
On any given day, she may be prepping, schlepping and cataloguing for archive inventory or museum exhibitions. Her weird esoteric skills are useful for researching the care and construction of the objects.
But identifying which star wore any of the 12,000 gems takes some seriously fun sleuthing. Jaci, The Jewelry Detective, is on the hunt!
ABOUT THE SPEAKER: Jaci Rohr is a Jewelry and Costume Archivist at Paramount Pictures. She has been an entertainment industry costumer for 30 years. Her life-long interest in costuming began at age 5 when she discovered the joys of dressing up her dog.
Exercising both sides her brain, she got an Art Degree, and then really enjoyed her science-nerdy job at IBM, too. Jaci studied historical costume and acquired some mad skills in the “lost arts” – Victorian ribbon work, corset-making and millinery. She ran her own costume manufacturing business, invented wacky rigs for reality TV show gags, and developed pet products before joining the Archive.
ABOUT THE CLUB: Founded in 1925, the Los Angeles Breakfast Club still thrives with food, friendship, and fun. Our meetings are held in our clubhouse, Friendship Auditorium, located at 3201 Riverside Drive, near the corner of Los Feliz Boulevard, in Griffith Park. Best described as a variety show, attendees enjoy a catered breakfast, silly songs, club traditions, and an interesting presentation from a guest speaker.
TICKETS: Sales on LAbreakfastclub.com close 48 hours before breakfast. Non-members are $25 and Members receive a 25% discount when logged into their Membership Portal.
Please arrive between 6:45 - 7:00 AM sharp! Doors close at 7:15 AM. Your admission includes a buffet breakfast, enjoyment of our 97-year-old club traditions, plus a special presentation from our Speaker of the Week!
- Surgical disposable face masks or medical-grade masks (i.e., KN95, KF94, N95) must be worn at all times unless actively eating or drinking.
- Cloth masks may only be worn if they sit on top of surgical disposable masks.
- Masks must cover the nose and mouth completely, and must not have any exhalation valves, vents, or holes of any kind.
- Remain 6 feet physically distanced wherever possible.
- The Los Angeles Breakfast Club requires proof of full vaccination, along with a government or education issued photo ID, upon arrival. Per the guidelines set by the CDC, full vaccination means that at least 14 days have passed since receiving the final dose of an FDA-authorized or WHO-listed COVID-19 vaccine. For anyone who is eligible, the LABC also requires attendees to have received booster shots. A one-month (30 day) grace period is given to those eligible but have not yet received booster shots. Booster shot eligibility is defined as:
- Moderna recipients ages 18-plus and Pfizer recipients ages 16-plus are eligible for a booster 6 months after their second vaccine dose.
- Johnson & Johnson vaccine recipients ages 18-plus are eligible for a booster 2 months after their initial vaccine.
For more information, please see the CDC’s guidance on boosters: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/booster-shot.html.
+$0.63 service fee
+$0.63 service fee