Wed, Jun 01|
Los Angeles Breakfast Club
Creating Q*bert and Other Classic Video Games
Enjoy a catered breakfast, silly songs, club traditions, and special presentation each week at the historic Los Angeles Breakfast Club.
Time & Location
Jun 01, 7:00 AM – 9:00 AM
Los Angeles Breakfast Club, 3201 Riverside Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
About the event
ABOUT OUR SPEAKER: Warren Davis began his career in the videogame industry at Gottlieb where he developed the hugely successful arcade classic, Q*bert. This was followed by a laserdisc game, Us Vs. Them, which featured scenes with live actors interspersed with gameplay levels.
For Williams, he contributed to Joust 2 and helped develop the system that became NARC. He was part of the team that created Terminator 2: Judgment Day and Revolution X featuring Aerosmith. He also created the digitizing system that Williams/Bally/Midway used for many of their hit games of the 1990s including Mortal Kombat and NBA Jam, as well as the aforementioned T2 and Rev X.
During a hiatus from Williams, he create the surreal and unusual Exterminator. In the mid-1990s, Warren left the arcade industry and worked on a variety of home games for Disney and other companies. He was, for a short time, a Disney Imagineer and has also worked for Industrial Light and Magic.
In 2018, he was inducted into the International Video Game Hall of Fame. This past January, his memoir about his years in the coin-op industry – Creating Q*bert and Other Classic Arcade Games – was published by Santa Monica Press and is now available worldwide.
ABOUT THE CLUB: Founded in 1925, the Los Angeles Breakfast Club still thrives with food, friendship, and fun. Our meetings are held in our clubhouse, Friendship Auditorium, located at 3201 Riverside Drive, near the corner of Los Feliz Boulevard, in Griffith Park. Best described as a variety show, attendees enjoy a catered breakfast, silly songs, club traditions, and an interesting presentation from a guest speaker.
TICKETS: Sales on LAbreakfastclub.com close 48 hours before breakfast. Non-members are $25 and Members are $18, utilizing a special promo code.
Please arrive between 6:45 - 7:00 AM sharp! Doors close at 7:15 AM. Your admission includes a buffet breakfast, enjoyment of our 97-year-old club traditions, plus a special presentation from our Speaker of the Week!
- Surgical disposable face masks or medical-grade masks (i.e., KN95, KF94, N95) must be worn at all times unless actively eating or drinking.
- Cloth masks may only be worn if they sit on top of surgical disposable masks.
- Masks must cover the nose and mouth completely, and must not have any exhalation valves, vents, or holes of any kind.
- Remain 6 feet physically distanced wherever possible.
- The Los Angeles Breakfast Club requires proof of full vaccination, along with a government or education issued photo ID, upon arrival. Per the guidelines set by the CDC, full vaccination means that at least 14 days have passed since receiving the final dose of an FDA-authorized or WHO-listed COVID-19 vaccine. For anyone who is eligible, the LABC also requires attendees to have received booster shots. A one-month (30 day) grace period is given to those eligible but have not yet received booster shots. Booster shot eligibility is defined as:
- Moderna recipients ages 18-plus and Pfizer recipients ages 16-plus are eligible for a booster 6 months after their second vaccine dose.
- Johnson & Johnson vaccine recipients ages 18-plus are eligible for a booster 2 months after their initial vaccine.
For more information, please see the CDC’s guidance on boosters: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/booster-shot.html.
+$0.63 Service fee
May 30, 11:30 AM
+$0.63 Service fee0