Wed, May 04|
Behind the Scenes at Industrial Light & Magic
Time & Location
May 04, 2022, 7:00 AM – 9:00 AM
Los Angeles, 3201 Riverside Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
About the event
ABOUT OUR SPEAKER: Chris Casady had just graduated film school at California Institute of the Arts in the summer of 76 when he landed his first job in the motion picture industry working in a warehouse in Van Nuys on a low budget science-fiction film. The company employing him turned out to be the first incarnation of now famous Industrial Light and Magic and the film he was working on was Star Wars. Already a 3-D photography hobbyist at the time, Chris brought his 3-D camera into work and photographed the irresistibly cool spaceship models he’d seen there. In doing so he inadvertently made a historical record documenting the Special Effects shop that created the magic that launched a franchise, a mythology, an empire and a thousand sequels. Have breakfast, then don some 3D glasses to peer back into the history of a galaxy far, far away and 45 years ago. See: Behind the Scenes of the Making of Star Wars. May The 4th Be With All Of Us!
ABOUT THE CLUB: Founded in 1925, the Los Angeles Breakfast Club still thrives with food, friendship, and fun. Our meetings are held in our clubhouse, Friendship Auditorium, located at 3201 Riverside Drive, near the corner of Los Feliz Boulevard, in Griffith Park. Best described as a variety show, attendees enjoy a catered breakfast, silly songs, club traditions, and an interesting presentation from a guest speaker.
TICKETS: Sales on LAbreakfastclub.com close 48 hours before breakfast. Non-members are $25 and Members are $18, utilizing a special promo code.
Please arrive between 6:45 - 7:00 AM sharp! Doors close at 7:15 AM. Your admission includes a buffet breakfast, enjoyment of our 97-year-old club traditions, plus a special presentation from our Speaker of the Week!
- Surgical disposable face masks or medical-grade masks (i.e., KN95, KF94, N95) must be worn at all times unless actively eating or drinking.
- Cloth masks may only be worn if they sit on top of surgical disposable masks.
- Masks must cover the nose and mouth completely, and must not have any exhalation valves, vents, or holes of any kind.
- Remain 6 feet physically distanced wherever possible.
- The Los Angeles Breakfast Club requires proof of full vaccination, along with a government or education issued photo ID, upon arrival. Per the guidelines set by the CDC, full vaccination means that at least 14 days have passed since receiving the final dose of an FDA-authorized or WHO-listed COVID-19 vaccine. For anyone who is eligible, the LABC also requires attendees to have received booster shots. A one-month (30 day) grace period is given to those eligible but have not yet received booster shots. Booster shot eligibility is defined as:
+ Moderna recipients ages 18-plus and Pfizer recipients ages 16-plus are eligible for a booster 6 months after their second vaccine dose.
+ Johnson & Johnson vaccine recipients ages 18-plus are eligible for a booster 2 months after their initial vaccine.
For more information, please see the CDC’s guidance on boosters: https://www.cdc.gov/.../2019-ncov/vaccines/booster-shot.html.