Wed, Aug 17|
Los Angeles Breakfast Club
The Times in World War II
Enjoy a catered breakfast, silly songs, club traditions, and special presentation each week at the historic Los Angeles Breakfast Club.
Time & Location
Aug 17, 2022, 7:00 AM – 9:00 AM
Los Angeles Breakfast Club, 3201 Riverside Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
About the event
ABOUT THE SPEAKER: Returning speaker Darrell Kunitomi just spent his 45th year at The Los Angeles Times, making him one of the newspaper's two longest-serving employees. He is now the Company Historian and has worked in circulation, community affairs and the history center. Darrell is a lifelong Angelino, a graduate of Belmont High, and lives in Echo Park. He has a family connection to World War ll: his uncle Ted Fujioka was a member of the famed Go For Broke 442nd and died in combat in France. "The Times in World War II" describes what the company did for the war effort and memorializes the eleven employees who lost their lives in that conflict.
ABOUT THE CLUB: Founded in 1925, the Los Angeles Breakfast Club still thrives with food, friendship, and fun. Our meetings are held in our clubhouse, Friendship Auditorium, located at 3201 Riverside Drive, near the corner of Los Feliz Boulevard, in Griffith Park. Best described as a variety show, attendees enjoy a catered breakfast, silly songs, club traditions, and an interesting presentation from a guest speaker.
TICKETS: Sales on LAbreakfastclub.com close 48 hours before breakfast. Non-members are $25 and Members receive a 25% discount when logged into their Membership Portal.
Please arrive between 6:45 - 7:00 AM sharp! Doors close at 7:15 AM. Your admission includes a buffet breakfast, enjoyment of our 97-year-old club traditions, plus a special presentation from our Speaker of the Week!
- Surgical disposable face masks or medical-grade masks (i.e., KN95, KF94, N95) must be worn at all times unless actively eating or drinking.
- Cloth masks may only be worn if they sit on top of surgical disposable masks.
- Masks must cover the nose and mouth completely, and must not have any exhalation valves, vents, or holes of any kind.
- Remain 6 feet physically distanced wherever possible.
- The Los Angeles Breakfast Club requires proof of full vaccination, along with a government or education issued photo ID, upon arrival. Per the guidelines set by the CDC, full vaccination means that at least 14 days have passed since receiving the final dose of an FDA-authorized or WHO-listed COVID-19 vaccine. For anyone who is eligible, the LABC also requires attendees to have received booster shots. A one-month (30 day) grace period is given to those eligible but have not yet received booster shots. Booster shot eligibility is defined as:
- Moderna recipients ages 18-plus and Pfizer recipients ages 16-plus are eligible for a booster 6 months after their second vaccine dose.
- Johnson & Johnson vaccine recipients ages 18-plus are eligible for a booster 2 months after their initial vaccine.
For more information, please see the CDC’s guidance on boosters: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/booster-shot.html.
Breakfast Tickets$25.00+$0.63 service feeSale ended